ABS offers certification for maritime education institutions seeking an independent third-party review of their training activities. Through the Guide for Certification of Maritime Education Facilities and Training Courses, ABS is able to provide certifications for courses and programs that meet both mandatory and voluntary training requirements for marine and offshore professionals:
- IMO International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, 1995 (STCW ‘95 as amended;
- Training mandated by Flag Administrations for vessels or facilities in their jurisdiction;
- OCIMF’s “Tanker Management & Self-Assessment” (TMSA);
- Intertanko “Tanker Officer Training Standards” (TOTS) ;
- Society of International Gas Tanker & Terminal Operators (SIGTTO); and
- Other applicable standards
The Guide for Certification of Maritime Education Facilities and Training Courses is intended to provide a uniform international standard for the verification and certification of maritime and offshore related education and training facilities, and of the courses they provide, that implement and maintain management systems in accordance with these requirements.
The goal of the certification is to verify periodically that the education or training provided:
- Meets specified minimum criteria in terms of the development, content and delivery of the courses;
- Is of a uniform quality when compared with accepted industry standards; and
- Remains suitable and effective for its intended purpose with a view to continual improvement.
Click here to Download Guide
Click here for an Application Form